Frequently asked questions
- Do you offer classes for children under 3 (Krabbelgruppe)?
No, we don’t. However, there is a listserv for German speaking families in the Madison area. We suggest you send out an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the mailing list.
- I am not sure what class to choose for my child. What should I do?
Our classes are determined by grade level/age. Please be sure select the grade level your child will be entering in the fall. For late registrations (after September): please choose your student’s current grade level.
- We are a returning family. How can we ensure that our child can stay in the same class as their friends?
While we make every effort to make German classes a socially enjoyable experience for your child, we cannot guarantee that your child will stay in the same class as their friends. Your child’s placement is determined by their age and grade level. The ZfA requires that we do not group children of more than two grade levels in the same class.
- Are any scholarships available?
Yes! Scholarships are available and we encourage you to apply. Please contact our office for more information (email@example.com).
- How much instructional time do you offer per year?
Classes for children 6 years (1st grade) and older offer 4,050 minutes of instruction per academic year. That is about $12 for 60 minutes of high-quality instruction. We think that is a pretty good value!
- Do I have to speak German to enroll my child in your classes?
Absolutely not. We welcome families from all backgrounds and see it as our mission to make German language classes accessible to all children in the local community.