Do you know any other great German Language Resources? Please send them along and we will update the list!
Viel Spaß beim Deutschlernen!
Read Out Loud
- Connie backt Pizza
- Deutsche Redensarten mit Zoe und Kai
- Buffo das kleine Bergschaaf
- Die Kleine Meerjungfrau
German-English online dictionaries
Other German Learning Resources
- Duolingo– FREE Online German course
- Quizlet – Vocabulary flashcards, games and more
- ZDF Logo – German news for young people (w/ English subtitles)
- Wetter.de – Tracking the weather in Europe (auf Deutsch)
- Deutsche Welle – Learn German with Deutsche Welle
- BBC German Steps – A beginner’s course
- Grundschule-Arbeitsblätter – Worksheets (for elementary school)
- Online games in German – A list of online games, not necessarily made for learners, that are in German
Free Online TV for Kids
- Loewenzahn: Short films about a large dog exploring the world (ages 4-10)
- Sieben Stein: A witch and her fav crow in an entertaining show (ages 7-12)
- Peterson und Findus on You Tube Note, this is posted by Edel Kids, but may have commercials or such that is inappropriate for all children. Please watch TV with your kids when using You Tube.
- Pippi Longstocking Full Episodes on You Tube
Read free German texts online
- Fairy tales and children’s stories
- Annotated and glossed German classics
- Project Gutenberg for e-books
- Discover comics (many available online)
Music and Radio
- Get German-language radio on your phone with apps like “Radio Austria” (Apple) and “German Radio LIVE” (Android). Note that many of the songs are not in German.
- Identify German-language artists from Germany or Austria’s top hits
- More advanced learners can tune into German radio from Deutschlandfunk