Do you know any other great German Language Resources? Please send them along and we will update the list!
Viel Spaß beim Deutschlernen!
Read Out Loud Links –
Watching & reading these are great for all ages / adults to work on pronunciation
- Wie weihnachtelt man? Perfect for K-3rd graders Read by Iris Hengst!
- Tomte Tummetott by Astrid Lindgren, K-3 book, Read by Iris Hengst! A wonderful classic, beautifully read.
- Buffo das kleine Bergschaaf, K-4, Read by Iris Hengst
- Deutsche Redensarten mit Zoe und Kai, Popular expressions acted out and translated by 2 hilarious German School students!
- Connie backt Pizza, Pre-K- 3rd grade, Read by 2 students, with translating & tutoring by their great mom!
- Die Kleine Meerjungfrau, Pre-K- 2nd grade, Read by 2 students, with translating & tutoring by their great mom!
German-English online dictionaries
Other German Learning Resources
- Duolingo– FREE Online German course
- Quizlet – Vocabulary flashcards, games and more
- ZDF Logo – German news for young people (w/ English subtitles)
- Wetter.de – Tracking the weather in Europe (auf Deutsch)
- Deutsche Welle – Learn German with Deutsche Welle
- BBC German Steps – A beginner’s course
- Grundschule-Arbeitsblätter – Worksheets (for elementary school)
- Online games in German – A list of online games, not necessarily made for learners, that are in German
Free Online TV for Kids
- Loewenzahn: Short films about a large dog exploring the world (ages 4-10)
- Sieben Stein: A witch and her fav crow in an entertaining show (ages 7-12)
- Peterson und Findus on You Tube Note, this is posted by Edel Kids, but may have commercials or such that is inappropriate for all children. Please watch TV with your kids when using You Tube.
- Pippi Longstocking Full Episodes on You Tube
Read free German texts online
- Fairy tales and children’s stories
- Annotated and glossed German classics
- Project Gutenberg for e-books
- Discover comics (many available online)
Music and Radio
- Get German-language radio on your phone with apps like “Radio Austria” (Apple) and “German Radio LIVE” (Android). Note that many of the songs are not in German.
- Identify German-language artists from Germany or Austria’s top hits
- More advanced learners can tune into German radio from Deutschlandfunk
Information about Exchange Programs
General information and news about Germany
- Goethe-Institut in German and English
- Politics, Information about Berlin
- Online resource to purchase German groceries, sweets, seasonal items and more with minimal shipping cost