Registration for the 2017-18 school year is now open! Please click here to register online (via Active.com).
Registration is for the whole year (30 weeks) and is based on the grade students enter in Fall 2017. For a description for our classes and tuition information, please see here.
We’re excited to report that more than 50 children have enrolled for the 2014-15 academic year at GSoM! After processing all registration forms, we have the following updates to share:
- Due to an unexpected demand for a class for beginning readers with prior knowledge of German, there will be an additional class: Vorstufe Deutsch (mostly for children with a German-language background who are entering Kindergarten) will take place on Thursdays from 4.30-5.30 p.m. (with additional project classes — shorter than those for Deutsch 1 — on selected weekends). This class will focus on the connection between letters and sounds (working with an Anlauttabelle). A work book will be provided.
- There will be only one DaF1 (German as a Foreign Language) class (meeting Tuesdays from 4-6 p.m. and on three project weekends). No “split” class with meetings on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- There will be only one Deutsche Dachse class (meeting on Thursdays from 4:30 pm- 5:15 p.m.). No second class beginning at 5:15 p.m.
- Due to an overlap with Yom Kippur, our October project class (Deutsch 1/2/3) has been moved from Oct. 4 (Saturday) to Oct. 5 (Sunday), still from 1-4 p.m. Please consult our calendar for all calendar updates throughout the school year.
- Curious about your child(ren)’s teacher? See our teacher profiles here. You will also receive a welcome email from your child(ren)’s teacher(s) prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Online registration will close on August 15. If you would like to enroll your child, please do so now. Some courses are close to capacity at this point, while our Youth Group (for middle and high schoolers) still needs some more students.
Our teachers take great care to assign children to the most appropriate class level, to ensure a challenging yet not overwhelming language learning experience for all children. During registration, we are asking parents to choose a preferred class for their child(ren); however, teachers will have the final decision regarding class placement. Prior to the beginning of the school year, you will receive an email with information about your child’s initial placement, based on the information provided by you in the registration process and, if applicable, teachers’ prior experience with your child(ren). After a period of four weeks, teachers will reassess each placement and children may be advised to move to a different class.