Please join us at our annual Fasching/Karneval Costume Party!
Date: Saturday, February 25th, as an extension of our regular German school activities. (Please not that this is a change from the original plan to hold the party on Feb. 26. We made this change based on parent feedback.)
Location: Lake Edge United Church of Christ, 4200 Buckeye Rd. , Madison
Time: 3-5.15 p.m.
- 3 pm: preschool and kindergarten children and their families, games and crafts for younger children.
- 3:45-5:15pm: other grades will join the fun with additional games and music
- 4:00pm: Costume parade and awards for costumes (design your own or recycle your Halloween costume).
- 5:15pm event endsThere will be light snacks, desserts, and coffee. Please feel free to bring some simple/non-messy snacks. This will not be a sit-down event.Don’t forget to wear a mask or costume for the parade!
- Here is some background information on Fasching: Also known as Karneval, Fasnacht, and Fastelabend, it is a pre-Lenten celebration observed mainly in the Catholic regions of the German-speaking countries. It originates from Pagan rituals that symbolized the driving out of winter and all of its evil spirits. Some revelers wear fright masks to scare away the evil spirits (and children!) others wear silly, scary, sweet or funny costumes (ridiculing politicians, historical figures, controversial characters of the present and the past….
In short, Fasching is a time to get crazy! It’s a time to break down boundaries in humorous and un-harmful ways and to make merry!
We are looking forward to celebrating with you!
You must be logged in to post a comment.